Signing up for an outing: The signup process helps ensure we have enough resources (tickets, reservations, slots, transportation, food, supervision, equipment, and more). Each outing is supervised by an adult leader who will communicate details about the outing at least 2 weeks prior to an event by distributing a permission slip. The permission slip will have specific details on the top of the form, including departure, return, and costs. Scouts need to return the permission slip with payment the meeting before the outing. Planners will assume those scouts that have not returned the permission slip will not attend.
Paying event fees: The treasurer works with planners to coordinate collections and funding for the outing. Scout families have several options available to pay for an outing:
- Troop Meetings: At the beginning of a regular troop meeting the treasurer will accept:
- Checks made out to 'BSA Troop 1564',
- Cash (exact amounts please),
- PayPal, or
- Debit/Credit cards (addl 2.7% PayPal processing fee)
- By mail: mail checks made out to 'BSA Troop 1564' to the troop treasurer.
- Online: PayPal, Credit, Debit
- Individual Scout Account (ISA): send an email to the treasurer indicating that the scout's balance should be used for outing fees.